Procurement Manager (1)
Buildnet is a reputable Real Estate Development Company in Uganda which specializes in building and selling top quality and affordable residential properties, specifically condominium apartments and villas. Buildnet provides a work environment that promotes passion, customer satisfaction, team work, integrity and accountability. Buildnet now seeks to recruit a skilled, passionate, experienced and innovative person to fill the vacancy of a Procurement Manager
Purpose of the role
To manage and maintain an effective, efficient and value for money procurement and disposal unit – ensuring the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures meet national and International standards in a manner that demonstrates Transparency and Accountability and that quality service is delivered to the internal and external customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- In consultation with the User Departments, review Buildnet’s Annual work plan so as to compile/consolidate the Buildnet’s Annual Procurement Plan;
- Implement and monitor Buildnet’s Annual Procurement Plan;
- Spearhead and guide the formulation of procurement policies, guidelines and procedures in order to make recommendations for improvement;
- Monitor implementation and compliance with the EAC Procurement Manual and all other procurement regulations;
- Initiate and manage the tendering process in a transparent manner resulting in value for money for Buildnet;
- Conduct market surveys to identify supply sources, and establish a data bank of registered suppliers for Buildnet;
- Receive, review and process purchase requisitions from User Departments; ensure that purchase requisitions have clarity, adequate specifications, for bidders to be able to respond to the tender/quotation appropriately.
- Group the requests into homogeneous categories and identify sources of supply;
- Assist User departments to draw Specifications and Terms of Reference right;
- Consolidate and prepare recommendations for award of tenders/quotations, and initiate draft notifications of awards for and regret letters;
- Provide Logistical support for meetings and travel requests;
- Set and maintain an accurate procurement filing and record system for all procurement transactions for future reference;
- Ensure that all Contractors/Service Providers have authorized and signed Contracts stipulating their Terms of Reference and their obligations for good performance;
- Preparing electronically generated Local Purchase Orders/Contracts for the service providers
- Expeditiously follow up supply of goods and services and forward certified invoices to Accounts for payment;
- Take the lead in the development of an Asset Disposal Plan and ensuring that Buildnet’s disposal processes are managed in a transparent manner;
- Perform any other official, closely related duties as assigned by Management from time to time
- Proficiency in specialized procurement and financial management software applications like SUN system, SAP, or Oracle Financials is essential
- Proficiency in standard computer applications (e.g. MS Office) and general ITC technologies (phone, email, internet and related software).
- Proven Integrity
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a proven ability to work independently with little guidance and oversight in a fast-paced environment;
- Reliable, positive and effective team player with a track record working in multi-disciplinary teams and delivering results through collaboration;
- Good Customer Relations, Negotiation skills, effective Communication and Report writing skills. Excellent written and verbal communications in English
Education, skills and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in procurement and supply chain management or a degree in other related fields from a
• Working experience should be minimum 3 years
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply online through our portal here (Click link) not later than 17th September 2021.