Project Engineer (2)
Buildnet is a reputable Real Estate Development Company in Uganda which specializes in building and selling top quality and affordable residential properties, specifically condominium apartments and villas. Buildnet provides a work environment that promotes passion, customer satisfaction, team work, integrity and accountability. Buildnet now seeks to recruit a skilled, passionate, experienced and innovative person to fill the vacancy of a Project Engineer.
Buildnet intends to recruit the most experienced and qualified technical staff to run the implementation of the project in Kampala, Uganda. The details of the vacant positions are as detailed below:
- The Project Engineer shall report to the Project Manager.
- Working relations Supervises the Project Architect,
- Project Site Engineers and the Project Quantity Surveyor.
- Liaises with the Owner’s Engineer, EPC ContractorProject Environment & Social Specialist, the Project Administration team and other relevant project stakeholders.
Purpose of the job
The Project Engineer shall be responsible and support the Project Manager on engineering and technical matters on the project.
Key areas of focus
- Project technical studies and designs;
- Project construction and installation activities;
- Provides technical support to the Project Technical Team;
- Oversees the day to day project engineering and technical activities on behalf of Buildnet;
- Reviews and inspects project deliverables.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The project Engineer shall be expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
- Advise the Project Manager on engineering and technical matters on the project;
- Ensure that Buildnet’s interests are protected in the engineering and technical studies, designs and construction phases of all project infrastructure;
- In consultation with the Project Manager, the Project Engineer shall review and approve all technical and engineering requirements from the Owner’s Engineer.
- Monitor and ensure that the project activities and deliverables meet the approved quality and standards.
- Lead and supervise the Project Technical Team;
- Monitor and ensure contract compliance of the Owner’s Engineer and the EPC Contractor;
- Review and advice on all proposed project changes or variations and ensure that all approved project changes or variations are implemented;
- Prepare periodic monitoring and performance reports as per the project reporting requirements;
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- The Project Engineer’s measurable outputs shall include;
- Project deliverables such as approved project studies and designs and construction;
- Project engineering and technical documentation;
- Project issues log, changes or variations log;
- Requisite project permits and approvals such as construction and building approvals and permits among others;
- Project periodic performance and monitoring reports.
Education, skills and experience
• BSC. Civil and Building Engineering or related field from a recognized institution.
• Certificate or Diploma in Project Management
• Knowledge of relevant building industry practice and health and safety legislation is required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in building construction is required
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply online through our portal here (Click link) not later than 17th September 2021.